|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT OSCAR D. "“DENO”" MACKIN|
Chief Oscar D. Mackin is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Second Air Force, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi. Chief Mackin is the senior enlisted leader responsible to the commander on matters concerning the welfare, effective utilization, professional development and readiness of the enlisted members of Second Air Force. Second Air Force provides training in over 320+ Air Force specialties through 2,500 courses graduating 192,000 Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and foreign students annually in diverse areas including basic military training, aircraft maintenance, civil engineer, medical, computer, avionics, security forces, space and missiles operations/maintenance and multiple intelligence disciplines. The command includes training wings at Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi; Sheppard, Lackland, and Goodfellow Air Force Bases, Texas; a training group at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California; and a network of 92 field training units around the world. Second Air Force is also responsible for all Joint Expeditionary Training (JET) (combat skills training) conducted at 14 Army power projection platforms.
Chief Mackin entered the Air Force in August 1985. His background includes various security forces career field, career assistance advisor, and assignment functional manager duties. His assignments include bases in Arkansas, Alaska, California, North Carolina, Texas, Florida, Germany and South Korea. The chief deployed in support of Operations DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, SOUTHERN WATCH, ALLIED FORCE, JOINT FORGE, ENDURING FREEDOM, and IRAQI FREEDOM. Before assuming his current position, he served as Command Chief Master Sergeant, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea.
1983 Certificate in Accounting, Draughon's Business School, Springfield, Mo.
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, March AFB, Calif.
1994 Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1995 Associate of Science in Security Administration, Yuba Community College, Marysville, Calif.
2001 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2005 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2008 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Penn.
2008 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2008 Air Force Smart Operations 21 Executive Leadership Course, Orlando, Fla.
2010 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Enterprise Management Seminar, Charlottesville, Va.
2011 Keystone, National Defense University, Ft. Leslie J. McNair, Washington, DC
2011 Bachelor of Science degree in Management Studies, University of Maryland University College, Asia Div
1. August 1985 - October 1985, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. October 1985 - December 1985, law enforcement (LE) specialist technical training, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. December 1985 - October 1988, LE patrolman, 314th Security Police Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. October 1988 - September 1989, security controller, 5072nd SPS, Galena Air Force Station, Alaska
5. October 1989 - December 1995, Superintendent, information security, 9th SPS, Beale AFB, Calif.
(August 1990 - February 1991, fire team leader, 1704th Reconnaissance Squadron, Taif, Saudi Arabia)
6. January 1996 - May 1998, LE operations, 4th Security Forces Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
(February 1997 - June 1997, NCOIC, intelligence, 4th Air Expeditionary Wing, Doha, Qatar)
7. June 1998 - August 2000, NCOIC, installation security, 52nd SFS, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
(February 1999 - May 1999, NCOIC, operations, 52nd AEW, Spangdahlem, Germany)
(June 1999 - November 1999, security forces manager, 401st AEW, Tuzla, Bosnia-Herzegovina)
8. August 2000 - June 2002, career assistance advisor, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
9. July 2002 - June 2005, operations superintendent, 7th SFS, Dyess AFB, Texas
(June 2003 - November 2003, operations superintendent, 376th Expeditionary Wing, Manas, Kyrgyzstan)
10. June 2005 - November 2005, security forces manager, 7th SFS, Dyess AFB, Texas
11. December 2005 - March 2008, squadron superintendent, 569th U.S. Forces Police Squadron, Vogelweh,
Germany (January 2007 - August 2007, squadron superintendent, 886th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Camp Bucca, Iraq)
12. March 2008 - July 2009, chief, security forces enlisted assignments, AFPC, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. July 2009 - December 2010, command chief master sergeant, 505th CCW, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. December 2010 - December 2011, command chief master sergeant, 51st FW, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
15. January 2012 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Second Air Force, Keesler Air Force Base, MS
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two Valor devices and 12 oak leaf clusters Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1987 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1988 John L. Levitow and Professional Image Award, Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School
1988 Outstanding Young Men of America
1991 John L. Levitow and Commandants Award, Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School
1993 U.S. Air Force Outstanding Security Police Noncommissioned Officer, LE Specialty
1994 Air Combat Command Outstanding Security Police Noncommissioned Officer, LE Specialty
1995 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1995 U.S. Air Force Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 1, 2005
(Current as of 22 January 2012)