|BRIG. GEN. BRADLEY D. SPACY|
Brig. Gen. Bradley D. Spacy is Commander, 81st Training Wing, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. He commands 12,000 Airmen and civilians, providing technical training for officers, enlisted and civilians of the U. S. Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserves as well as other Department of Defense agencies. The training covers numerous electronic, computer, weather, medical, personnel, comptroller, and information management career fields and creates combat capability for Air Expeditionary, Space, and Cyberspace Forces.
General Spacy is a 1987 AFROTC Distinguished Graduate from Fresno State University in Fresno, Calif. He is a career Security Forces officer with extensive Air Base Defense and Antiterrorism/Force Protection experience.
General Spacy has commanded a Security Forces Squadron and The United States Air Force Honor Guard where he led more than 250 men and women in ceremonies for the President and other high-level military and civilian leaders. As the Director of Force Protection for CENTAF Forward during Operation ENDURING/IRAQI FREEDOM, General Spacy created, planned, and participated in Operation DESERT SAFESIDE/TASK FORCE 1041, an offensive ground combat operation to kill or capture insurgent forces in Iraq. General Spacy commanded the 375th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill., and was the 88th Air Base Wing and Installation Commander at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Prior to his current assignment, General Spacy served as the Chief, Senate Liaison Office, United States Senate, Office of Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Pentagon, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He was responsible for congressional legislative affairs in the U.S. Senate, articulating and communicating Air Force priorities and programs to Senators and staff members.
1987 Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science (AFROTC DG), Fresno State University, Fresno, Calif.
1988 Security Police Officers' Course (Top Gun), Lackland AFB, Texas
1989 Air Base Ground Defense Officers' Course (DG, Top Gun), Fort Dix, N.J.
1992 AETC Technical Training Instructor Course (DG, Excellence in Teaching Award), Lackland AFB, Texas
1992 Air Base Ground Defense Command Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1993 U.S. Army Air Assault School, Camp Gruber, Okla.
1993 Squadron Officer School (Commandant's Award, Outstanding Contributor), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Science in Education, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Miss.
1999 U.S. Marine Corps Command and Staff College, USMC Base Quantico, Va.
2002 National Defense Fellow, Senior Service School In-Residence, Institute for National Security Studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2006 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2008 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C. 2008 Strategic Leader Course, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2010 Senior Executive Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge Mass.
1. 1988 - 1990, Officer in Charge, Security Police Resources and Training; Air Base Ground Defense Officer, 35th Security Police Squadron, George AFB, Calif.
2. 1990 - 1991, Air Base Ground Defense Flight Leader, 35th Fighter Wing Forward, Operation DESERT SHIELD/STORM
3. 1991 - 1992, Assistant Operations Officer, 35th Security Police Squadron, George AFB, Calif.
4. 1992 - 1994, Instructor/Course Chief, Air Base Defense Command Course, 343d Technical Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. 1994 - 1996, Executive Officer to the Second Air Force Commander, Second Air Force, Keesler AFB, Miss.
6. 1996 - 1998, Commander, 47th Security Forces Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
7. 1998 - 1999, Student, U.S.Marine Corps Command and Staff College, USMC Base Quantico, Va.
8. 1999 - 2001, Commander, United States Air Force Honor Guard, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
9. 2001 - 2002, National Defense Fellow, Senior Service School, Institute of National Security Studies, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
10. 2002 - 2004, Chief, Joint Staff Security, The Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. 2004 - 2005, Director, Force Protection CENTAF Forward, Al Udeid AB, Qatar.
12. 2005 - 2006, Chief, Force Protection and Operations Division, Directorate of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. 2006 - 2008, Commander, 375th Mission Support Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. 2008 - 2010, Commander, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. 2010 - 2012, Chief, Senate Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
16. May 2012 - Present, Commander, 81st Training Wing, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three campaign stars
Iraqi Campaign Medal with star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with Gold Border
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Kingdom of Kuwait
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with combat "V" device and 4 oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Aug. 14, 1987
First Lieutenant Aug. 14, 1989
Captain Aug. 14, 1991
Major Sept. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2000
Colonel July 1, 2005
Brigadier General May 4 2012
Current as of May 18, 2012