Chief Master Sergeant Anthony J. Fisher is the Superintendent for the 81st Training Group, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi. He is
responsible to the Commander for the professional development, military readiness and mission effectiveness of more than 4,000
officer, enlisted and civilian personnel from all four Department of Defense services and international militaries. Chief Fisher provides
guidance and leads over 1,300 instructors and staff who deliver 394 courses to more than 2,500 non-prior service Airmen and 500
temporary duty students daily, producing over 29,000 graduates per year.
Upon graduating technical training in February, 1994 Chief Fisher was assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Missouri as
a Vehicle Maintenance Apprentice. During his tour he had the opportunity to deploy to Al Dhafra Air Base, UAE. One of Chief
Fisher’s significant accomplishments while assigned to Whiteman AFB was earning Senior Airmen Below the Zone. In 1996 he was
selected for a short tour assignment to the 51st Fighter Wing, Osan Air Base, Korea as a Vehicle Maintenance Journeyman. In 1997,
Chief Fisher returned to the states with a follow-on assignment to the 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Mississippi where he served
as NCOIC of the customer service element, vehicle maintenance. During this time Chief Fisher volunteered to deploy to Prince Sultan
Air Base, Saudi Arabia and Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait. In 2002, he was selected to become a Military Training Leader where he
was assigned to the 335th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB. While assigned to the 335th Training Squadron Chief Fisher earned
Squadron Military Training Leader of the Year honors for 2003 and 2004. He was then selected for Military Training Leader Instructor Duty, Lackland AFB, Texas in August 2005. While assigned
to the 37th Training Support Squadron he also had the opportunity to serve as the squadron’s Additional Duty First Sergeant.
Chief Fisher was recognized as 2008 Additional Duty First Sergeant of Year. He returned back to Keesler AFB, Mississippi in
August, 2009 as the Flight Chief for the 336th Training Squadron. Shortly after, Chief Fisher was hired as the 81st Training
Group’s Superintendent, Military Training in November, 2009. In 2010 he was the Air Force’s Military Training Leader of the
Year recipient. Chief Fisher’s most notable achievement as Superintendent, Military Training was in 2013 when his office was
recognized by the Secretary of Defense for exemplary achievement in support of installation excellence.
1998 Airman Leadership School, Keesler AFB, MS
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, MS
2006 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Associate in Applied Science, Vehicle Maintenance, Community College of the Air Force
2008 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Correspondence Course
1. September 1993–November 1993, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX.
2. November 1993–February 1994, Student, Technical Training School, Lackland AFB, TX.
3. February 1994–August 1996, Vehicle Maintenance, 509th Transportation Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
4. August 1996–September 1997, Vehicle Maintenance, 51st Transportation Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea
5. September 1997–July 2002, NCOIC Customer Service, 81st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
6. July 2002–August 2005, Military Training Leader, 335th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
7. August 2005–August 2009, Instructor, Military Training Instructor School, 37th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB,
8. August 2009–November 2009, Flight Chief, Military Training, 336th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
9. November 2009–September 2013, Superintendent, Military Training, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, MS.
10. September 2013–June2015, Command Military Training Inspections Manager, Office of the Inspector General, HQ Air
Education and Training Command, JBSA Randolph, AFB TX
11. June 2015–August 2016, Superintendent, Profession of Arms Center of Excellence, HQ Air Education and Training
Command, JBSA Randolph, AFB TX
12. August 2016-Present, Superintendent, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, MS.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
1996 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2008 37th Training Wing’s Additional Duty First Sergeant of the Year
2010 Air Force Military Training Leader of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2015
(Current as of August 2016)