Chief Master Sergeant Patricia A. English is the Superintendent, 81st Mission Support Group, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. She is the principle adviser to the commander on all enlisted matters related to force utilization, mission effectiveness, training, readiness, personal and professional development, and morale of over 1,600 personnel assigned to six diverse squadrons who execute the installation’s combat support, logistics, and services activities for 114,000 military, civilians, dependents, and retirees. She also budgets for and expends $65 million in appropriated funds, $10 million in non-appropriated, and $15 million in stock funds annually while maintaining a fleet of 380 vehicles and 5,000 technical training assets and providing security for real property and equipment valued at $60 million; and oversees contract award administration totaling over $400 million, $19 million Government Purchase Card Program and over 900 contract employees. Additionally, she advocates for Keesler with the Mississippi and Gulf Coast Leaders on issues affecting the base and surrounding communities.
Chief English was born in Jackson, Miss., and entered the Air Force in March 1991. Her background includes numerous leadership positions at the flight, squadron, wing and field operation agency levels. Before assuming her current position, she served as the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Detachment 4, United States Air Forces in Europe Civil Engineer Functional Manager.
1995 Airman Leadership School, Aviano Air Base, Italy
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
2007 Associates Degree in Maintenance Production, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Associates Degree in Business Administration/Management, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. March 1991–May 1991, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
2. May 1991–July 1991, Student, Technical Training School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. July 1991–January 1992, Turn-In Clerk, Eaker AFB, Ark.
4. January 1992–February 1994, Equipment Management Technician, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
5. February 1994–February 1997, Stock Control Journeyman, Aviano Air Base (AB), Italy
6. February 1997–May 2000, Grounds Equipment Management Supervisor, Langley AFB, Va.
7. May 2000–May 2001, Operations Management Journeyman, Moody AFB, Ga.
8. May 2001–January 2004, Non-commissioned in Charge, Customer Service, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. January 2004–January 2005, Real Estate Liaison, Osan, Republic of Korea
10. January 2005–January 2007, Non-commissioned in Charge, Commander’s Action Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
11. January 2007–April 2011, Facilities Superintendent, Travis AFB, Calif.
12. April 2011–May 2014, Manager, Air Force Civil Engineer Enlisted Assignments, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
13. May 2014–31 July 16, Chief Enlisted Manager, 21st Civil Engineer Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
14. August 2016–August 2018, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Detachment 4, United States Air Forces in Europe, Civil Engineer Functional Manager, Ramstein AB, Germany
15. August 2018 – Present, Group Superintendent, 81st Mission Support Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one silver leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organization Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Service Medal with one bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medal
2005 Non-commissioned Officer Academy Distinguished Graduate
2007 60th Civil Engineer Squadron Senior Non-commissioned Officer of the Year
2008 60th Air Mobility Wing Senior Non-commissioned Officer of the Year
2008 Chief Master Sergeant Larry R. Daniels Award Runner-Up
2008 60th Air Mobility Wing Senior Non-commissioned Officer of the Quarter
2008 60th Civil Engineer Squadron Senior Non-commissioned Officer of the Year
2008 60th Air Mobility Wing Lance P. Sijan Award
2010 Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy Distinguished Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic March 22, 1991
Airman September 22, 1991
Airman First Class July 22, 1992
Senior Airman March 22, 1994
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1997
Technical Sergeant February 1, 2003
Master Sergeant April 1, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant February 1, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant August 1, 2014
(Current as of August 2018)