CMSgt David A. Pizzuto is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 81st Training Wing, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. The Wing is responsible for providing technical training for officers, enlisted, and civilians of the United States Air Force, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserves as well as other Department of Defense agencies and international students in a variety of specialties. He advises commanders and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, health, morale, and welfare of the Wing’s 12,000 military and civilian Airmen and serves as the functional manager for Group Superintendents and First Sergeants. Additionally, Chief Pizzuto works closely with the local community and civic leaders to enhance support for enlisted programs and the installation.
CMSgt Pizzuto grew up in Avon New York and entered the Air Force in June 1983. He graduated from the Security Police Academy course at Lackland AFB, Texas, and served as a Response Force Member/Leader, Close in Sentry, Ground Launch Cruise Missile Tactical Operations Center Operator, Flight Chief, Supply, Logistics, Operations Superintendents, Security Forces Manager, and Security Forces Group Chief Enlisted Manager. His background also includes various duties in Manpower Management and Professional Military Education. His assignments include bases in Belgium, California, Japan, North Dakota, Texas, and Mississippi. He also deployed in support of OPERATIONS NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH and ENDURING FREEDOM. Prior to his current position, Chief Pizzuto served as the Superintendent, 81st Mission Support Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1983 Security Police Academy, Lackland Air Force Base Texas
1985 Ground Launch Cruise Missile Dispersal Training, Davis Monthan AFB, Ariz.
1987 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Florennes Air Base (AB), Belgium
1988 Manpower Management Specialist Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1990 Strategic Air Command Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Barksdale AFB, La.
1992 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Corrections Academy, Gatesville, Texas
1998 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Disciplinary Hearing Officer Training, Huntsville, Texas
1999 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Firearms Instructor Training, Beeville, Texas
2000 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Administrative Investigation Training, Beeville, Texas
2001 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Chemical Agent Instructor Training, Beeville, Texas
2001 United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons Training Academy, Glynco, Ga.
2001 Federal Bureau of Investigation Crisis Negotiator Training, Rice University, Houston, Texas
2002 Associate in Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2002 ASP Tactical Baton Instructor Certification, Dyess AFB, Texas
2003 Open Skies Treaty Orientation Course, Washington D.C.
2003 Principles of Instruction Course, Dyess AFB, Texas
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2004 Dynamics of International Terrorism, Joint Special Operations University, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2004 Instructional Systems Development Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2005 Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Occupational Instructor Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Bachelors of Arts Degree, Criminal Justice, American Military University
2010 First Sergeant Academy Additional Duty Seminar, Yokota AB, Japan
2011 United States Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Integrated Defense Command and Control Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2013 Security Forces Advanced Officers Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2016 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Knowledge Online
1. October 1983 - November 1985, Security Specialist, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 1985 - January 1987, Ground Launched Cruise Missile Central Security Controller, Florennes Air Base, Belgium
3. January 1987 - March 1988, Pass and Registration Clerk, Dyess AFB, Texas
4. April 1988 - July 1992, Wartime Operations Officer, Dyess AFB, Texas
5. October 1992 - January 1995, Correctional Officer, Texas Department Criminal Justice-Institutional Division, French Roberson Unit, Texas
6. January 1995 - February 1996, Sergeant of Correctional Officers, TDCJ-ID, French Roberson Unit, Texas
7. February 1996 - July 1998, Lieutenant of Correctional Officers, TDCJ-ID, French Roberson Unit, Texas
8. July 1998 - June 2001, Captain of Correctional Officers/Crisis Negotiator, Northern Region, TDCJ-ID, French Roberson Unit, Texas
9. June 2001 - November 2001, GS-007-06, Correctional Officer, Department of Justice/Federal Bureau of Prisons, Fairton Federal Correctional Facility, Fairton, N.J.
10. August 1992 - November 2002, Immediate Mobilization Augmentee, Security Forces, Dyess AFB, Texas
11. November 2001 - June 2005, Assistant Flight Chief, NCOIC Installation Security, Police Services, Security Forces Training, Dyess AFB, Texas
12. July 2005 - July 2006, Flight Instructor, Erwin NCO Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
13. July 2006 - June 2007, Director of Resources, Erwin PME Center, Kadena AB, Japan
14. June 2007 - April 2010, Commandant, Airman Leadership School, Kadena AB, Japan
15. April 2010 - July 2011, Deputy Director of Education, Erwin NCO Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
16. August 2011 - April 2012, Logistics Superintendent, 30th Security Forces Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
17. April 2012 - May 2015, Operations Superintendent, 18th Security Forces Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
18. May 2015 - March 2016, Operations Superintendent, 91st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
19. March 2016 - December 2016, Security Forces Manager, 91st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
20. January 2017 – April 2017, Chief Enlisted Manager, 91st Security Forces Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
21. April 2017 – May 2018, Security Forces Manager, 81st Security Forces Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
22. June 2018 – September 2018, Group Superintendent, 81st Mission Support Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
23. November 2018 – Present, Command Chief, 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
2002 7th Security Forces Squadron, Immediate Mobilization Augmentee of the Year
2003 Goodfellow Noncommissioned Officer Academy Distinguished Graduate
2003/4 7th Security Forces Squadron, Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 Enlisted Professional Military Education Manager of the Year
2007 18th Wing Staff Agencies Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2008 Erwin PME Center SNCO of the Year
2008 18th Wing Staff Agencies SNCO of the Year
2009 United Services Organizations Service Salute Honoree
2009 Erwin PME Center SNCO of the Year
2009 18th Wing Staff Agencies SNCO of the Year
2009 Pacific Air Forces PME Team of the Year
2012 18th Security Forces Squadron SNCO of the Year
2015 91st Missile Wing Professional Team of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic June 27, 1983
Airman December 27, 1983
Airman First Class February 27, 1985
Senior Airman December 27, 1985
Buck Sergeant December 1, 1986
Staff Sergeant January 1, 1995
Technical Sergeant November 19, 2002
Master Sergeant, December 1, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant December 1, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant March 1, 2016
(Current as of November 2018)