Published July 23, 2015
The following members of the 81st Training Wing were punished under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) in December 2014.
Nonjudicial Punishment (Article 15s) and Vacation Action
Failure to Go
1. An airman first class from the 81st Surgical Operations Squadron was punished under Article 15 for failing to go at the prescribed time to her appointed place of duty (in violation of Article 86, UCMJ). Her punishment was a suspended reduction to the grade of airman, 10 days of extra duty and a reprimand.
Violate Other General Order
2. An airman first class from the 334th Training Squadron was punished under Article 15 for visiting a hotel room without the proper authority and failing to return to his dormitory room before call to quarters (in violation of Article 92, UCMJ). His punishment was a reduction to the grade of airman, restriction to Keesler Air Force Base for 23 days and a reprimand.
Use of schedule I, II, III Controlled Substances
3. A second lieutenant from the 333rd Training Squadron was punished under Article 15 for wrongfully using D-Amphetamine (in violation of Article 112a, UCMJ). Her punishment was a forfeiture of $1,452.00 pay per month for two months and a reprimand.
4. A senior airman form the 81st Security Forces Squadron was punished under Article 15 for making false official statements and intentionally injuring himself for the purpose of avoiding his physical fitness assessment (in violation of Articles 107 and 115, UCMJ). His punishment was a suspended reduction to airman first class, forfeiture of $243.00 pay per month for two months and a reprimand.
Probation Revocation – Vacation Action
5. An airman from the 81st Security Forces Squadron had his previous Article 15 suspended punishment vacated for failing to go to his appointed place of duty at his prescribed time (in violation of Article 86, UCMJ). He was previously punished for dereliction of duty, at which time his reduction in rank to airman basic was suspended during a six month probationary period. Due to the new misconduct, his suspended rank reduction was vacated – his probation was revoked, and he is now an airman basic.