Veterans - Service-Connected Disability Benefits for Military Retirees

Upon retirement military retirees should submit their service-connected disability benefit application directly to the Veterans Affairs Regional Office (VARO) in their state of residency. For information on all Veterans Affairs Benefits - retirees/family members should call 1-800-827-1000 (same for each state) for assistance.

Current Receipt Disability Payment (CRDP) is automatic for retirees with a 50-100 percent service-connected disability rating. DFAS at Cleveland, OH will compute and make payment directly to eligible member. All questions should be directed to DFAS at 1-800-321-1080.

Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) requires an application (DD Form 2680) that must be submitted to the respective service component from which member retired. Criteria for combat-related benefit is outlined on application form and at most service organization web-sites.

To get DD Form 2860, click here: DD Form 2860