The Public Affairs office is located in Wall Studio, Bldg. 902. The mission encompasses virtually every type of media in the areas of photography, graphics, video production and self-help to support the 81st Training Wing mission which is "Train Airmen across the spectrum of technical, and airmanship skills to build overwhelming combat power for the Air Force!
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
An AF Form 833 must be sent to email@example.com prior to any multimedia work.
For any public affairs questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Photography - Full service photo studio official portraits (head and shoulders), special duty full length photos. Wing level requirements and higher. No appointments are necessary.
Special Duty Passports - Customers must have an AF Form 833 signed by an authorized passport agent at the 81 Force Support Squadron Passport Office and must be in appropriate civilian attire.
Studio hours are Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Location Photography - Wing level officiated events and higher. Customers should schedule requests at least 48 hours in advance on an AF Form 833. Public Affairs photography for public web use.
Alert Photo - Alert photo services supporting security forces, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, civil engineer readiness, flying or ground safety offices, and other emergency response agencies. An alert photographer will only be called under the following circumstances: personal injury (i.e., child abuse), domestic assaults, and suicide attempts w/injury, rape, and damage to Government/private property in excess of $10,000.00.
The video services department supports 81 TRW level and above requirements as well as support for technical training, operational, investigative, historical, senior leadership communication, mission awareness and news release.
Video services can be requested using an AF Form 833. Support for base, or DOD-wide use requires further documentation and higher approval. Guidance and assistance in this process will be provided to the requestor.
Graphics support for 81 TRW level and above as well as Interactive Multimedia Instruction, Career Development Course and technical training essential support.
Digital files and high resolution prints (camera-ready masters) are provided for reproduction. The illustrative team creates and designs various types of visual aids such as charts, maps, illustrations as well as graphic support for retirement certificates on behalf of active duty and government civilians.
An AF Form 833 must be received prior to any work being done.
Public access is limited to special events, scheduled tours or sponsored visits. Keesler Public Affairs is unable to provide drop-in unscheduled tours.
Due to security requirements and manpower, the base is unable to support individual and short notice tour requests.
Base tours are offered to local civic organizations, schools and youth groups to educate its members about the Air Force and, more specifically, Keesler's mission. Tours average 2-3 hours and are not available on weekends, holidays or non-training Fridays.
Please note the following when submitting a group tour request:
1. Age - To maximize resources, education and recruiting opportunities, school and youth group participants should be primarily juniors and seniors in high school.
2. Size - Tours are limited to a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 40 participants.
3. Transportation - Organizations are responsible for their own transportation. Tours are limited to one busload. Unfortunately, requests to use multiple vehicles cannot be accommodated.
4. Dates. Allow 3-4 weeks advance notice for tours. All requests are given equal consideration and are granted on a first-requested, first-served basis. State a suggested primary and alternate date in the request. All dates are subject to change or cancellation based on mission requirements and manning availability. Final confirmations will be provided two weeks prior to the tour date.
If your group meets this criteria, send request to email@example.com
Video- (228) 377-4662
Photo- (228) 377-4378
Graphics- (228) 377-3090
Photojournalism- (228) 377-2733
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Affairs Representatives:
Wall Studio Bldg. 902 H Street
Although we are a customer-oriented service, there are limits to the products and services we can provide due to AFI 35-109, public law and local policy.
- Souvenirs, personal gifts, mementos, scrapbooks, farewell gifts, office pictures and other items for personal use are unauthorized. PA resources are not authorized to document farewell parties or social events unless certified as newsworthy or have historical value.
· PA resources are not authorized to create products used for entertainment during farewell parties or social events.
· Copyrighted materials cannot be reproduced without permission of the copyright holder, unless cleared in writing as "fair use" by the legal office.
· PA imagery is not altered IAW DODI 5040.05, Alteration of Official DOD imagery unless exempted.
· Use of PA for MWR programs and other activities that involve revenue generating activities is not authorized.
- The installation PA office is not funded, equipped, or manned to replace services provided by the Document Automation Production Service (DAPS). According to DODI 5330.3, Document Automation and Production Service (DAPS), the Air Force must obtain automated printing services from DAPS. Reproduction is limited to 30 tabloid size (11 x 17) or smaller copies of products and no more than five copies of products larger than tabloid size.